Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We Live in a Grey Reality!


...trying each passing day to extract its black from its white. Trying to understand the difference; trying to see the light. But the biggest fallacy of all is that black and white can never exist in a substantial form. They exist theoretically and mathematically because they, evidently, constitute Grey!
But you can never get hold of them; neither can you ever get hold of the Truth, Beauty or Perfection. In the end, it is for you to feel them; to believe in them; and hope.

Just like every mathematical Function in the world that tends to infinity but never reaches it; just like every whole in Math that we tend to neglect. We can only approach the Truth, but can never find it. We can only tend to perfection, but will never reach it.

And during our journey of life, we will flourish, replenish and strive until we perish…

Then, we will discover something… Was the journey that mattered or was it the destination? Does Perfection lie in Imperfection and Man’s own tendency for it? Or is it a result that he might achieve by his journey?
And so it turns from being a journey to an expedition… but just like all the heavenly particles in existence that revolve around its nucleus fervently creating energy; we are the fuel of that world.

Was Energy the result that the poor particle sought out to achieve? Or was it only a side-result of the effort that it earnestly exerted? And if it was merely a side-result to that effort, then: What was the result? What was the purpose of all that fuss?

Certainly in all cases, the effort exerted with joy and happiness is a worthy result; side it be or main! But an effort exerted in contempt would be absurd, and a life wasted. While not taking the chance of life is even more absurd.

I do not have answers. I do not think that one could just grasp the Truth and prove it… not after all those centuries of Philosophy, Science and Faith. Nor will I try to make any conclusions because then I would be falling in the same paradox that is Life; and then I would be ignorantly searching for the white and the black, again, in vain. And instead I will retreat to silence; and observe.

Constructivity. Content. Valor and Hope. They are important keywords I can only hang to. And just like the particle, and just like fuel… I will always strive tending to Balance in an ongoing Paradox that never ends. Life!






AbdulRahman G El-Taliawi

In 14/11/2007,
Cairo, Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment